Setup puppet master and agent in Linux
- Puppet master
sudo apt-get install puppetmaster
2. Puppet agent
sudo apt-get install puppet
3. Add the following to the puppet agents’ /etc/hosts file with the puppet masters’ IP address.
<Puppet_master_IP_address> puppetmaster puppet
4. Add the following to the puppet.conf file under the [main] section in /etc/puppet directory in the agent node as follows.
dns_alt_names = puppetmaster,puppet
5. Start the puppetmaster with the following command in the puppetmaster node
service puppetmaster start
6. Test the connection between the master and agent using the following command in the agent node
puppet agent --test
7. Check for the certificate sent to the puppet master from the agent in the master node.
puppet cert list
8. Sign the certificate from the master node.
puppet cert sign <certifacte_name>
Now all are set…... ✅